Expunging DWI Records in Minnesota


When it comes to DWI records in Minnesota, there are a few things to know about expunging them. For starters, you can petition the court to have your record expunged if:

-You complete an alcohol or drug abuse treatment program if ordered by the court

– You have not been convicted of any other alcohol-related offenses within ten years of your DWI offense

– You have no other pending criminal charges

– You have paid all fines and restitution associated with your DWI offense

If you meet all of the above criteria, you can file a petition with the court to have your DWI record expunged. The court will review your petition and decide whether to grant your request.

Keep in mind that even if your DWI record is expunged, it will still appear on background checks conducted by employers, landlords, and others. However, an expunged record can give you a fresh start and help you move on from past mistakes.

If you are facing DWI charges in Minnesota, you must speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney who can help you understand your options and fight for the best possible outcome in your case. Contact an experienced expungement lawyer for any questions.

Free Consultation

Use the form below to send Attorney Mark Herman an email about your case.